Sarah Circle of First United Methodist Church (FUMC) of Cary is dedicated to fulfilling the missions of the global United Methodist Women:
The organized unit of United Methodist Women (UMW) shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
About the Sarah Circle, FUMC-Cary:
• Established in Fall of 2004
• Membership has grown from just a couple of founders to 20+ active members
• First participated in the Harmony Circle of FUMC's semi-annual consignment sale in Spring 2006 as a way to recruit more new moms for this awesome opportunity
• Began assuming ownership of consignment sale with Spring 2007 sale
• Continuing to recruit new members today!
Proceeds from the consignment sales enable Sarah Circle to reach out to organizations that lend a helping hand to the less fortunate. Some recipients of our proceeds are Friends of Wake County Guardian Ad Litem, The Carying Place, Wheels 4 Hope, United Methodist Women, Zoe Ministry, Dorcas Ministries, Operation Christmas Child, ASP and Angel Tree. In addition, Sarah Circle supports the missions of our church such as Baskets of Hope, Mighty Mondays, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and the Youth Group that provide programs that help spread the message of God’s love.
We would like to say THANKS to our many consignors and patrons, especially those who are committed to helping our sale continue to grow as a successful bi-annual event. We are truly blessed, and we thank everyone for participating…both consignors and shoppers!
If you would like more information about the Sarah Circle and the possibility of joining, please contact our President, Danielle by clicking here.